Soundtrack To My Life


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, September 29, 2008

My Country of Older Men

As far back as I can remember I have been attracted to older men. I remember being a child and watching Spencer for Hire with my mother looking at Avery Brooks who played Hawk, and thinking Wow! I like him... in a different way than boys are supposed to like other boys. As I became older this attraction grew to the point of only older men could hold my interest. I have told this to some of my friends (who are older of course) and they said that it more than likely stems from a lack of a father figure as a child, so my attraction for older can really be my need for a "Daddy". I did grow up without my father. I didn't establish a bond with him until I was already grown, so it may be some truth to the whole Daddy theory.

I have never looked for older men to support me. I consider myself independe
nt and would never allow myself to be a "Kept" man. I am currently in a relationship with a man that is 28 years my senior. The generation gap between us has NEVER been issue. My father does have a problem with it, but he knows it's not his place to comment on it. Don't get me wrong he does like my dude, just not Me AND my dude as an item. I understand and respect his feelings about my relationship. My father sat me down and said to me "I am ok with you being gay, but why do they have to be my age?" To answer that I told him it's just the way I have always been. Even now I have never been with anyone in my age group for anything other than a fuck. All my friends range from 36-60 years old. Another reason for this is because I am what people call an " Ol' Soul" I am 27 going on 49, and that's a compliment in my eyes. With me being the last of my mother's 4 children I have always been around that old school style upbringing.

As I am writing this blog I am thinking of all the mature men I admire. I want to share a few of them with you. I hope you enjoy. I have separated them by age group.

30's

Tupac: He would be 37 years old had he lived. Can you imagine how he would look now?



Anthony Mackie: A hot up and coming actor that will portray 2pac in the upcoming movie "Notorious"



Chiwetel Ejiofor: This man is so hot. He is a London born actor that can be seen in films like "Inside Man" and "American Gangster"



Idris Elba: Super Fine! I have been stalking... I mean I been "a fan" of his since season one of "The Wire"



40's

Michael Jordan: The Definition of Swagger. He set the standard for athletes becoming a brand.



James Todd aka L.L. Cool J: What can be said about this man that hasn't been said already...



Lenny Kravitz: Style personified... Lenny gave black folks something they haven't since Jimi Hendrix... a Rock God!



Wesley Snipes: This man single handily brought the dark skin brotha in high demand. Super Fine status



Djimon Hounsou: Ever since this African God shook his ass in Janet Jackson's "Love will never do" video I was hooked... He only continues to get better!



Barack Obama: The Great Black Hope. Has already made history, and if there is a god will continue on his path of destiny




50's

Mario Van Peebles:
Butter Pecan Goodness. I can't believe he's in his 50's now.



Lavar Burton: Another reason I knew I was gay as a kid? I use to get a hard on watching "Reading Rainbow" and seeing Lavar wear those nut hugging jeans. Damn! even at 51 he is gorgeous



Denzel Washington: Nuff Said!



Samuel L. Jackson: The baddest man in the history of film. At 59 years young he still amazes me



"The Mister": This man makes me so,so...so,so,so,...so,so,so (Say Yes! by Floetry). The Mister is the One I would die for, but more importantly the one I live for.




60's

Issac Hayes: Gone far to soon. You are missed by yours and mine generations. Black Moses will live forever



Herbie Hancock: Sophisticated, Suave, Smooth. Legendary Pianist, and at 69 looks great!



Ben Vereen: The reason I wanted to be Webster as a child... You are awesome!



Avery Brooks: Absolutely magneted, mesmerizing, and hypnotic. As I said before watching him as a kid with my mother I knew something was different about me. Thanks Mr. Brooks



Richard Roundtree: The Original, The One, The King of Cool. He is the Archetype the sexy black man.



Julius "Dr. J" Erving: I see old photos of him from the 70's... I had no idea he would age so well.



70's

Quincy Jones:
Set the bar for black musicians/producers, and in my opinion still hasn't been reached by anyone living today. He made Michael Jackson a phenomenon



Melvin Van Peebles:
I can imagine him running threw woman like crazy in his day. at 76 years old he still has so much style. maybe even more so than his son Mario.














1 comment:

  1. Am for u big boy. A guy from Africa. And 23 years.

    ReplyDelete