Soundtrack To My Life


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, September 29, 2008

Headache Just About Over


As I stated in a past post I have been without a job since the end of summer. I have since been living off my savings and my school refund check. I bumped my head and went and bought a $900 flat panel TV a couple of months because to be honest the TV is worth much more than that, and that price was a steal. I bought it with the thought that I will be working again within two weeks like I always do. Well getting a part-time good paying job is not as easy as I thought it would be. In fact finding full-time work seems to be easier. The whole job searching process is fucked up now. No one takes application by hand anymore. You now have to submit your resume along with thousands of other folks that saw that same online ad, and get lost in the shuffle.

Earlier this year my boy was blessed enough to get the best job in his life. How did he get it? Because he knows much of the staff there personally and was able to get seen by the bosses who liked him and gave him the job, even though that job was a job for current employees. This proves what I have always known... It's not what you know, it's WHO you know. He is doing really well at this new position, and I tell him everyday how proud of him I am. It has been a real headache getting ourselves in a position where we can stop trying to squeeze dollars out of nickels, but I believe God has a plan and although I don't understand it I still follow it.

My situation is also getting brighter. This morning I had a interview/walkthrough with IBM. The job that they want me for is one I am familiar with already, and I am more the comfortable and confident doing. It seems to be everything I pray for. Nice easy-going staff, nice pay, nice hours that don't interfer with my school, everything seems right. After the long walkthrough process I was asked do I feel this job is the right fit for me? I gave them an enthusiastic yes and said I am ready. They informed me there are two other people that will do what I have done today and they will be calling me. All in all I feel good. There might be a christmas after all :-)

1 comment:

  1. I believe that I have the best job of my entire 40 years of working. However, the reason that I have this job at this time, is not as simple as 'who you know'. Sometimes a person goes through hard times and challenges so that they are really prepared when that great opportunity (blessing) comes along. I believe that the way that a person mentally deals with difficult times can strengthens one's connection with God. That is when, what seems like a miracle, happens.

    I have known the people who were the key to me getting this job for years. But, the position that I now have, did not exist until I desparately needed and wanted a positive career change.

    ReplyDelete