Soundtrack To My Life


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November 4th, 2008: In My Lifetime

I never thought this would happen in my lifetime. As I mentioned before I am not into politics. I am also a guy that doesn't display his emotions. But tonight, like many millions of other Americans, I cried. I cried tears of joy, and I wasn't ashamed. As much as I love America I still believe it is still very much immature. When President Obama first stepped on the political scene I must admit I thought it was a joke. The novelty of a black man (or even a half black man) being president would never happen in our ultra conservative country. Afterall this is the same country that demanded Janet Jackson's head on a stick for displaying a fraction of a seconds worth of nipple. The same country that still believes gays/lesbians/transgenders should be locked away in a mental facility as to not affect the "normal" people. The same country that still put most minority people in a stereotypical box as to clearly keeps us from ever being truly equal. But tonight my faith in my country has been restored. Not only did Obama win, but it wasn't even close. I am not naive to think that racism is dead though. I know it is alive and well, but on this historical night America was able to see Obama not for his color, but for the hope he represents for our nation. As cheesy as this sounds I am proud to be an American! I am proud to have had a hand in making history. I am proud to be part of a generation that embraces change, and breaks down the wall of conformity and tradition. Here's to (what I pray will be) Four great years of change for the USA

God Bless America

1 comment:

  1. I agree...my sentiments exactly. I posted commentary on my blog about November 4th...there are parts of your post that mirror mine identically....

    Kudos

    ReplyDelete