Soundtrack To My Life


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, November 21, 2008

My Moment of Madness: I done lost my damn mind


What is addiction? Addiction is defined as a "Psychological and bodily dependence on a substance or practice which is beyond voluntary control". There are many different types of addiction, and I think everyone has one. I could be wrong though. I know for a fact that I do. I am a shopping addict. This is self diagnosed so I could be wrong. All I know is whenever I have a nice sum of money, I feel I just have to spend it or I get "the itch". I really only buy shit that interest me though, which questions if I am an addict or not. I would think a shopping addict would buy any and everything there is to buy. I tend to blow a ridiculous amount of money on electronics and games. Last week I hit a new low (or reached rock bottom, how ever you want to say it). I spent close to $700 dollars on games....GAMES! I came to my senses two days later when I looked at my bank account and saw that it was nearly drained. I said to myself this shit is going back RIGHT NOW, and not only did I get my money back, but ever since I been on a selling spree selling everything that hasn't been used in the last year or so. Now I'm on my cheap man shit. I haven't spent any unnecessary money this week (other than buying an expensive as turkey sandwich), and I am pretty proud of that. I don't know what came over me. To be honest with y'all I don't even play games that much any more because I don't have time, but I love to collect them. I think there is nothing wrong with spending money, but only IF YOU HAVE IT. I have student loans to payback, Rent to pay, a car that needs a transmission, and of course I gotta eat. Meanwhile my dumb ass going crazy on Amazon.com buying shit. I'm not an addict, I'm just crazy as hell and had a moment. Now I'm back to life. The wallet is on love lockdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment